Date - March 20th 2021
Location - Lake District - Ullswater
The positive effects of the outdoors for people’s mental wellbeing has been well documented and researched. All of our walks take place in the great outdoors in our natural environment of space and freedom. At NavTrek we are passionate about spending time in the outdoors and we love to share this passion with others. Our wellbeing walks foster a compassionate and supportive environment to meet and connect with other people.
Following on from the success of our last fundraising team event, we will be putting together another team for a 20 mile walks around the beautiful and scenic Ullswater.
The walk will be led by qualified mountain leaders. This walk is 20 miles over varying terrain and therefore a good level of fitness will be required.
Included in the ticket fee for this wellbeing event is:
- Guided walk of the Ullswater way on March 20th 2021
- An Ullswater way pin badge on successful completion
- Refreshments at scheduled check point
- A £30 donation to Growing Well
Growing Well is a organic farm-based Mental Health charity and training centre near Kendal. They provide a safe supportive working environment to nurture mental health recovery. The team at Growing Well work with people on a weekly basis, sometime over years, to help rebuild a sense of purpose, to engage in meaningful and fulfilling activity and to build hope for the future.
Growing Well focus on three key objectives:
- To develop people’s emotional resilience - Emotional resilience is about dealing well with life’s challenges, stressful situations and crises, and maintaining a sense of moving forward.
- To develop people’s life skills - Life skills increase empathy with others and the ability to express individual needs. Solving problems and making good decisions under pressure (combined with employability skills) supports independence.
- To support people to be healthier and more active - There is a strong correlation between poor mental health and poor physical health. One may be caused by the other and create a downward spiral.