Date - 8/8/2020 - 9/8/2020
Location - Lancashire area
Our National Navigation Award Scheme accredited "Straight to Sliver" course covers all the essential skills and techniques to navigate using Public rights of way in the countryside as well as across open countryside away from paths and tracks, using compass bearings and contour interpretation to navigate safely, even in poor visibility.
The NNAS Bronze and Silver award syllabus are both covered and assessed over the duration of this 2 day course.
- 5 module navigation theory pre course workbook to complete prior to attending the 2 day course
- 2 days of navigation skills and hill skills with instructor Scott McAlister
- Detailed course notes and workbook
- Use of maps, compasses and head torches if required
- NNAS Silver award certificate on successful completion of the course
NB. All participants are required to provide their own walking boots, food (packed lunches for two days) and accommodation (if applicable)
Full syllabus and course itinerary will be sent out on receipt of booking confirmation. Information will also include full kit list for the two day course.