Hello, thank you for your interest in this wellbeing walk. If you cant attend this one, you can keep an eye on our social media channels for news of further dates!
This walk will be taking place on ------- November 2020.
The starting point for this walk will be ----------.
The idea around the wellbeing walk is to promote good mental wellbeing through 'the five ways to wellbeing'.
1. Be active - We will be walking up hills and through the open countryside over several hours so a moderate level of fitness and ability will be required!
2. Connect - The wellbeing walks will allow people to connect with likeminded people who share an interest in the outdoors. It should be a great way to meet new people, have interesting conversations and expand your social network.
3. Take notice - The walks will be set in beautiful locations and across varied terrains which will promote mindfulness... Its hard not to be lost in the moment when exploring these beautiful places!
4. Keep learning - We hope that in joining our wellbeing walk you will learn something new, either about the outdoors, walking/hiking or about wellbeing, being mindful in nature and maintaining balance. Conversations will be led around wellbeing and how this can be maintained.
5. Give - Giving is the final point in the 5 ways to wellbeing. This does not always mean to give money or material items and can be achieved through giving your time (volunteering) or your support/advice. For our wellbeing walk we will be achieving this by asking attendees to make a £6 donation on booking - proceeds from this walk and future walks will go to a mental health charity/project. We are still deciding which charity/project and would like this to be one which has a focus of the outdoors/nature for supporting mental health so if you have any suggestions please contact me and let me know!
The walk will start from------------ The walk will be over varied terrain, distance will be around 12km with around 430 meters of ascent involved so a moderate level of fitness will be required.
If you have any questions prior to booking on this walk I can be reached via email at - email@example.com